Friday, July 9, 2010

Looking Back

When I look back on my first year as a Globaloria teacher, I wonder where the time went. We had our training and it was time to start. Then the snow kept pouring down. Before you knew it, it was May and time for students to have their games done. My students accomplished a lot, but at first I was apprehensive that they would get finished.

My advice to new educators would be to not get overwhelmed. There is a lot to do, but if you begin to doubt your ability, your students will not get the full benefit of the program. Let the students know that you are learning too and will need their help. The students will grow more if you let them learn how to do things on their own and share with their classmates. So if you start to feel that you are not accomplishing anything, take time to sit back and relax and then start again!

No comments:

Post a Comment